Saturday, December 29, 2012

KERA 173.


They are only two, and they have been working with production for about five years now.


― In what way would you say the title was born?


maya  On the day when we decided that the January live at Budokan would happen, I felt like I wanted to make a song in memory of something. At that time, although I did not finish the song, “DD” became the temporary title.  That was at the end of 2010. It changed to its current name when we entered 2011, for some reason or another “DOUBLE DRAGON” just hit as an idea. The way the words looked, the way they sounded was good, and I hope that the image from there can make itself reminded.


― That’s nearly 2 years isn’t it?


maya  It has been a lot lately, and even though I have the motivation to create music, like from something I’m emotionally moved by, I decided for myself to finish it after the anniversary instead.  So the result was that this song didn’t get completed until after quite some time.


― Aiji, what was your impression of it when you first heard it?


Aiji This time we were choosing from about five songs, out of them this one was the most “LM.C-ish” one. And even though you also reach a point where you would like to explore new expressions, in the end, this song was the one we chose to release.


― How did the recording go?


Aiji  When I started 6 years ago, I didn’t even attend (at the studio) very often. Now this time, I actually recorded at home for first time in 5 years.


― How was it, to do it again after such a long time?


Aiji It went smoother than in the past. Well, because maya has grown into an adult.
maya  But I managed to spill out water all over the place, right (bitter smile). Though I blamed Aiji’s cat for it. “That tail of hers must’ve……” .
Aiji And with that, I understood that I shouldn’t invite maya to come over to my house.
maya  I couldn’t wipe it up, because I had to take a photo (laughs).

― There’s also such a side to the recording work (laughs), how would you describe the lyrics?


maya  Since the title was set before the lyrics I didn’t want to be bound by it, because first of all you make a song, and put words to it. Instead of saying “The lyrics are taken from when the title was decided”, I would write them like “This is what LM.C is right now”.


― So, the latest piece is filled with ”the current LM.C”, now before we end, please say some words to the readers.

maya  When I sing, I think that ”I will have to break through in my own way”, and even though I always think like that, those words this time means something stronger than usual, and therefore I’m happy.
Aiji We are on the way in a good mood, since it’s also a ”THE LM.C-song”, I really wish listening to it can raise your mood. And including the artwork and music videos too, I think you will enjoy DOUBLE DRAGON.







Translation and credits to milktune

No comments:

Post a Comment