Saturday, February 2, 2013

WINK UP 177


This month’s gacha topic :Is it true that boys like girls with less makeup better?

Is it really true that boys prefer girls with less makeup?
Aiji「Well I think there are many different types, but in my case, I think maybe I do.」

maya「If you want to wear makeup then you should, I mean, I don’t really judge.」
Aiji「Well yeah, since you fall in love with what’s on the inside, it doesn’t matter that much, I have nothing to do with it. But to be honest, a girl who thinks her makeup is a definite must may be a bit… -For example: If you’re saying “Shall we just go out to have some food?”, and you have to wait one and a half hour from when she starts with her makeup, isn’t that kind of annoying? I’d be like, “Eh, we’re just going to eat some ramen. Aren’t you ok without makeup?” The time it takes waiting for her to finish her makeup makes going out like that pretty useless…  And even if a person wants to wear it, your total personal appearance seriously says a lot more about you than what just the makeup does, isn’t that so. 」
maya「That’s right. But thinking that she wants to look good, putting so much effort into it is what’s cute, I think. Though….there are also those who are really desperate (laughs). But hey, for the young people a makeup-less face is cute enough, and it’s good with a clear face I think. Hm. What I just said sounded like it came from an old person, really. 」




Aiji「That’s really something older people say (laughs). But well, I don’t think men notice the makeup that much. If a girl wore loads of cute makeup but her personality wasn’t anything really, you wouldn’t like her that much after all. When removing the makeup, you’d be like “Huh? Who are you?”, but if I really liked the person fully, I feel that I wouldn’t dislike if she wore lots of makeup. Basing it upon all this, liking heavy makeup or light makeup or whatever, isn’t it just a matter of taste? 」

maya「That’s it. Because what you love is “that person”. Not the makeup.  」
Aiji「Ah hah. Besides, since men are always without makeup, it’ll be fair (laughs). 」
maya「Well, I do wear very, very heavy makeup though (laughs). 」



Aiji「I didn’t count you in (laughs). 」




―False eyelashes then, what do boys think about those?

Aiji「If you want to wear them it’s ok, isn’t it? 」
maya「Yeah. I think it’s fine. 」
Aiji「Though, when using false lashes, if it takes like an hour to put them on I think you’d better skip them (laughs). If so, do you really need an extension for your lashes? Isn’t it a waste of time?
maya「After all it can be like that (laughs). You’re just fussy calling it a “waste of time” (laughs). But really, since I guess that every guy thinks differently, wouldn’t you like to look the way the person you’re fond of thinks you look the best? If your partner likes the makeup light, you’d make it light, or if he/she likes it heavy, you’d make it heavy.」



Aiji「Perhaps, if lately everyone started saying that “I like light makeup!”, then the women of the world would wear it lighter, that’s for sure」

―So, would you say that false lashes are not very “in” right now?


maya「No, no, they’re perfect (laughs).」

Aiji「We’re just blah blah blah-ing, and it wouldn’t be very typical for us, but maybe we have the chance to change the world! Creating new epidemics! 」
maya「Giving rise to a sensation!」



―You go on (laughs).
maya「Ah, but hey, regarding some people and their siblings, wives, lovers, it’s actually quite difficult to imagine that they’ve met and matched in some way, that they fit in with each other. For example, the manager of the beauty salon I go to seems like a really calm and quiet person. But his wife wears so much flashy and dark makeup, I just felt like I saw a surprising side of the manager. I really seem to be interested now don’t I (laughs). 」
Aiji「Ahahah. You do. And indeed, maybe that’s the way you get to know people’s true nature.」







Credits and translated by milktune

No comments:

Post a Comment