Thursday, February 28, 2013

WINK UP 2013


LM.C, who are also starring in WU’s series*, has released a new single!
It turned out as a ”Happy Music Power Play”,
Here we’re talking with them about their latest work.


―It seems like DOUBLE DRAGON turned out as a song really worth its title, didn’t it?

maya「Yeah. Also, ”DOUBLE DRAGON” are words that have been with me for a really long time. In the beginning of this year - the Year of the Dragon - I felt I’d like to write that song. Though in the end it kind of became a sum up of 2012 instead. 」

  

―The image I got from the title made me think of a somewhat dark rock tune.

maya「Even if we advanced with minor chords it didn’t become too dark I hope. I think when making a single, you want to make it loud and flashy, so in the end we added synths and stuff to make it livelier.」

Aiji「When maya first brought this song up it gave this kind of rock & roll impression. Also when making the latest album, I felt that this more “sing and dance-friendly” rock & roll, together with a sense of electro would bring a good flow to it. Though at first, when talking to maya, the director and the other three about doing a single, we said that if it’s not typically LM.C-styled music it will become a challenge. We made DOUBLE DRAGON and some other songs but in the end we chose to release the most LM.C-ish one, didn’t we? I also feel that we forced maya to stretch his vocal powers, and I think you can sense that in the present LM.C. 」

 

―I would say that the lyrics are LM.C-ish too. It’s interesting how you use proverbs to make a change to your own lyrics.

maya「I have the feeling that our way of writing lyrics hasn’t really changed after all. Though for this song’s image, comparing with time we began our work of capturing things in lyrics, I guess I’m now using more mixed methods since I’ve also gained experience. When I wrote the lyrics for DOUBLE DRAGON, my first thought was of me and senpai. After a while, I thought that I wanted to convey a “someday we’ll all just die”-feeling too. 」

 

―Eh!? So in the line “You’re giving to me what I don’t have, I’m giving to you what you lack”, you’re talking about needing each other – What warmth, I feel that it got a stronger meaning all of a sudden!?

maya「Ah. I flew** too high didn’t I (laughs). Of course, that’s also important. But you know, on a deeper level, I also think it gives the feeling that I want you to value and care about your own life more. And for that, your partner is also important. My band-partner, my friends, and everyone cheering on LM.C. Yeah, those have made me feel like that.  Time will pass by too soon and it’s practically unstoppable. So I want to live a caring life during this time, and I want to find a way to be happy with myself. 」

Aiji「I’m glad that this song has been able to become a theme song for many people’s lives, and nowadays for me when the springtime of life, youth, has become the past, I’m also happy that I can look back, listen and sense those various impressions from that time. Please listen and see.」

- - -


** maya is using the word “flying” very often when talking about himself; simply he uses it for explaining when he’s “deep/excessively joyful/…going too far.”







Source: milktune

No comments:

Post a Comment